>>>Booked in, need advice on prep
Booked in, need advice on prep 2016-03-14T16:16:38+00:00

Home Forums Welcome Mat Booked in, need advice on prep

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    #2971 |

Hi all,
    I’m booked in for the 25th of March for my first session, I currently shave my head against the grain to try and minimise the baldness!!.

I was advised that I could go get away with shaving with the R91( I have black hair) and am a Norwood 7, two failed transplants with a linear scar at the rear of my head, covered by a tattoo so this is not being treated. On the day of treatment should I shave with the R91?. Also what prep should I be doing with regard to the condition of my scalp?, I shave every other day and moisturise with Aveeno. Should I continue with this or is there something more suitable I should be using.

Thanks in advance.

Rob
    Participant

The only advice I’d offer you is moisturise, moisturise, moisturise.

They say to avoid alcohol running up to your session as it thins the blood. Eating green vegetables is meant to be good for the blood, rich in iron.
    I have a routine that I’ve always stuck to, I shave prior to my session, I always take a drink and a mars bar for my blood sugar levels and bang a couple of Paramol tablets (over the counter from Boots the chemist) about half an hour before I arrive at the clinic.
    You may be fine with the R91 but I always found it was too long and if I used a better shaver I could go all day without shaving again. I use 2 shavers now. I use a Remington Titanium X R6150 which is loads better than R91. Then to get almost Razor close I use the Braun Series 7 foil shaver.
    The Remington you’d get on eBay for around £40, the Braun is a more expensive bit of kit but a quality investment. Again I got it off eBay for loads less than the RRP. I’ve had both for over 3 years and they still work brilliantly.

Rob
    Participant

Ps best of luck on the 25th, may even see you there.

cropak

Cheers Rob, yes be good to see you in the flesh, as I have followed your story on the other forum. Sorry just to clarify, should I wet shave or use an electric?. I only say the R 91 as its what the guys had in the treatment room. I have one but am open to getting what’s best. I assume the treatment would be matched to whatever I shave to on the day of the treatment.

Cheers.

Rob
    Participant

The R91 has been a clinic staple for a long time simply for ease of use and price. I’d advise turning up for your treatment having shaved using whatever you plan to continue using for your daily routine. If you used an R91 that day and that’s longer then you plan to shave to then potentially your black hair will appear darker and they will match to that.
    If in any doubt then ring the clinic and speak to Simon or Paul. Of course I’m sure the R91 is okay as these boys know what they’re doing but if you don’t plan for the R91 to be you chosen shaving method then for me it makes the most sense to arrive at your appointment having used that method.

The only benefit of using the R91 is that it may allow the practitioner to see more clearly your remaining hair and where to concentrate their attention.

cropak

I see, think I’m gonna get in touch to see what they recommend, thanks for the help Rob.

Rob
    Participant

No problem, quick word with one of the fellas will put your mind at rest.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BOOK NOW