>>>My Hair loss story and results after 2nd session!
My Hair loss story and results after 2nd session! 2016-05-18T23:12:59+00:00

Home Forums Welcome Mat My Hair loss story and results after 2nd session!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    #2983 |

Hi, guys! my names Wes a 29yo lad from Sheffield! I’ve been sitting on the sidelines of this forum for a couple of months. Previously been following another popular clinics forum for a couple of years but went ahead with Brandwood as they are quite simply the best! So first post and it’s a lengthy one as I decided to do my hair loss story! hopefully, I don’t waffle on too much! I’ve included pics as well and if you’ve got any questions I’d be more than happy to help like other people have done me! cheers!

My obsession with hair started pretty early on, at age 12 I had thick blonde hair, which was dead straight and easy to style. I got the nickname at school of Sonic the hedgehog, I was into my Mega Drive games console at the time, but it was mostly because I had perfected the art of replicating lots of spikes on my head with shock waves gel! Over the years I basically copied David Beckham’s many styles, some more successfully than others! I also kept the men’s hair industry going with the amount of money I spent on product, devices and hair Salons/barbers!

I started to lose my hair around 17, though at the time I wouldn’t admit it to myself. There’s always someone, usually a work colleague/close family member with a mouth that gets ahead of itself, that points it out to you. (not my fab Boots friends if your reading!) I suffered from quite severe acne at the time. I was using a strong drug to combat this, and it worked, but a nasty side effect of this was that I shed quite a lot of hair which apparently is normal! It did grow back but it’s texture had changed and was thin and brittle. I still think to this day that it was that, what jump started the hair loss cycle for me.

During my early 20’s I managed to style it and experiment with hair dyes to make it look the best it could. But up top it was going, coming home from a sunny holiday getaway showed that up in all its sun sore, red scalped glory. I tried the usual hair loss treatments but in my heart of hearts, I knew it was past the point of no return. With that at the forefront of my mind, I bought a set of clippers and for the first time I gave myself a haircut! I did a Britney!! (Without smashing car windscreens of course). I buzzed it down as short as I could and stood staring at my reflection, waiting for that liberated feeling to come that I had read about in hair loss articles, It didn’t come that day or for many thereafter, I just sobbed. My mum bless her looked mortified! “what have you done!? will it grow back?” well technically some will yes, but no it’s going! Keeping it short makes it look thicker! I think I said (read that in an article also)

Leading up to this I was having anxiety issues in particular situations like large crowds and meeting new people etc. Feeling extremely self-conscious and that I was been judged negatively. It got that bad that I started to isolate myself a lot, my life then consisted of working and coming home, that was pretty much it. While most lads my age would be out enjoying themselves at the weekend I would just stay at home playing computer games wearing a cap…….indoors!. The invites I once got to go out soon dried up, I made excuses, I learned the hard way that people soon lose interest and cut ties quite sharply.
    Hair loss for me amplified and contributed to all this, at one time I thought when I made an effort I could look well turned out and decent but now balding I could barely look at myself. Don’t get me wrong there’s nothing inherently wrong with going bald and on a lot of guys it looks really well! But in myself I felt defeated and old before my time. Which coming out of a long-term relationship, isn’t the best mental state to be in. With the break up, problems at work and generally feeling really shit in myself, I fell into a depressive void, one which took a while to drag myself out of with support from family and the odd intervention. I swore to myself that I wouldn’t get to that stage ever again and that this isn’t living! It was just existing! Not a fully functioning existence either!

My Google search history must have been filled with all sorts of hair related searches over the years. I stumbled across the term Micropigmentation about 3 years ago. In layman’s terms its a hair tattoo, I laughed at the time and slated it. Backed up by a quick Google image search, the first few images at the time looked so false and literally drawn on! For somebody still very self-conscious in social situations going forward this wasn’t going to be an option. A few months later I saw a programme on TV where this treatment was featured and it looked good, great in fact. I think the show was in standard definition though, my overly critical mind convincing me everything looks more flattering without the pin-sharp clarity of HD. Still my curiosity in the treatment was back and with further research I realised that the results had come on along way. Be under no illusion this treatment does not give you your hair back, it’s not an hair transplant or some shock treatment to get your hair follicles to produce thick hair again. I knew my hair wouldn’t be coming back, I had my routine of shaving every 3 or 4 days locked down. I wished that the stubble I had at the sides of my head could just spread evenly across my head. That I could just have a hairline back, a hairstyle, an extremely short hairstyle, but one never the less. Micropigmentation can do that!

Fast forward to this year and a recent Daily Mail article featuring Simon Lane and Brandwood Clinic. With my social anxiety I pick up on vibes pretty acutely, if I feel uncomfortable in a particular environment/situation then the flight or fight response kicks in and I usually fly. From the initial phone call to the consultation and then the actual sessions I have felt completely at ease at Brandwood with the team there. Simon is great to chat with and his passion for this technique is infectious. I get the feeling with Simon he’s eager for the client to get the results they desire and start getting the life-changing benefits he has had himself.

My first session was a 0 out of 10 that’s directly from Simon himself. Serves me right for not exfoliating and using tanning products on my head. Big tip……. don’t do that or in the case of exfoliating ……. do that and moisturise! The scalp needs to be in the best condition for the pigment to take and more importantly hold! So with Simons statement I was preparing for the worst! But actually I thought considering this was the first session of around 2 hrs it looked well! I had a hairline and noticeably more “stubble” on top. Simon said that even though it hadn’t gone as well as most the next session would be loads more noticeable and would be 100x better then this. As that week went on and I followed the aftercare instructions I began to realise why in Simon eyes it hadn’t gone well. A lot of the pigment had not taken well and wasn’t holding. The effect was very subtle and to be honest everybody I deal with day to day hadn’t noticed any change in me at all, could be a good thing but In myself I was yearning for the next session and hoping for a better more significant result.

10 days later and I was back at Brandwood for my second session! This felt a little more intense and was over 4hrs. Simon had to go over areas from the first session because of the pigment loss. But at the end of this one Simon told me that it was back on track and that it was now an 8 out of 10! The results speak for themselves. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I looked at my reflection! Even with the minimal amount of redness it looked amazing! My hairline was back and the density was now there, it looked real and the blend into my actual hair was flawless.
    So I’m booked in for my third and final session which will perfect and add a 3D effect unique to Brandwood Clinic. I’m that happy with the results at this stage and feel fully confident in recommending this treatment and the guys at Brandwood! Reactions from people have been extremely positive with comments that my hair is growing back! for me been overly sensitive with my image, if I had any negative perception, then the trucker cap would have been straight back on. I’ve not worn a cap since having this treatment! But more then comments on the actual treatment it’s the ones on me as person which mean even more. I’ve been told how much more happy and confident I now seem. A glow that over the years had diminished from my eyes is now back. My head is held high once again.

Thank you, Simon and the team at Brandwood.

Wezkc

I’ve got images but can’t get them onto here? help anyone? haha

brandwood
    Keymaster

Hi Wes,

Thank you for telling your story so well. We hear a lot of similar stories and get frustrated when others don’t understand the trauma that our friends experience. It is also rewarding to hear (yet again) the positive effect that SMP can have when delivered by the right practitioners. I know that Simon will be pleased to read your words.

If you don’t mind I’d like to post this in our client studies section with some photos we took? Let me know if that’s OK.

Posting pics to the forum is often difficult via mobile as the ‘firewall’ is sensitive. This is a precautionary measure following a previous hacking attempt. You should be able to do it on a PC/laptop but if not then please send me the photos (hello@brandwoodclinic.com) and I will post them here as well.

Cheers,

PF

Rob
    Participant

Great write up, look forward to seeing your pictures.
    Cheers, Rob

Wezkc

Hi Paul,
    Thanks for the comments and yes that’s completely fine with me to be on the case studies page! I’m gonna try put pics up now but if not then I will email them you! cheers!

Wezkc

Thanks Rob hopefully get pics on soon! last session tomorrow!

brandwood
    Keymaster

Here’s some pics of Wesley through the ages. I hope they’re in the right order.

We’ve done some work with Forum pics that should now make this easier (I hope).

brandwood
    Keymaster

More pics

brandwood
    Keymaster

& a few more

Rob
    Participant

Looking good once again Amigo.
    :-)

Dodgy Barnet
    Participant

I must say it’s looking really good so far, definitely an improvement! Any chance you could upload some more pics once it’s fully settled?
    I’m really on the edge of booking this up myself but I’m so worried about it not looking natural and getting found out!

Wezkc

Don’t worry at all fella! I suffer from Social anxiety and I can be very self-conscious about my appearance. Since the treatment, I have not worn a cap! if I had any doubts in my mind that it looked silly/fake then I would be in hiding haha trust me people just think my hair is growing back thicker again! it’s understandable to be on edge but if you go see these guys you’ll be put at ease! let us know how you get on!

Rob
    Participant

Saw some great pics of you on FB today buddy. You look so much better.

Wezkc

Cheers Rob! and thank you for the support! I can see why you’re a popular guy around this part of the internet ;) What post is this? I didn’t think Brandwood had posted anything with me on yet? can’t see it on their page? is it deffo me and not someone else? we can look pretty similar especially when its just scalp shots! haha, hope your good man!

Buzz cut
    Participant

Great story to read , amazing how life can get you down and then a visit to Brandwood Clinic gets you loving life again …. I wonder if Simon & Paul really know the full impact their amazing creations of hair have on a person life . I’ve seen the pics Rob was on about , there on scalp guru Facebook page , Gotta say the pics look fantastic , Simon has done a top job and it’s another example why these guys are referred to as the best in scalp micropigmentation .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BOOK NOW