>>>SMP Alteration
SMP Alteration 2016-02-29T16:09:18+00:00

Home Forums Welcome Mat SMP Alteration

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    #2966 |

I have earlier arrived home from a consultation with Paul and Simon. Last night I contacted Brandwood Clinic as I was in a bit of a mess. They phoned me back at 7pm on a Sunday night to get me in the following morning (amazing service).

So the story goes pretty much like this… I have been looking the SMP procedure on the internet for a good 3 years at least, reading the success stories and knowing I would one day I would get the money together to get my procedure done.

I eventually decided to take the plunge with HIS Clinic. At the time I looked at the photos and had watched all of the videos, I knew Paul had worked there previously and I liked what I saw. The only thing that I thought looked bad on the procedures was the poor hair lines that people had. A straight line across the forehead just isn’t a good look and it doesn’t look natural… especially on a white man.

So I had my first session remaining mindful not to dip that hairline too low. I wanted a really natural look and my hairline to be feathered, faded and all of those good things. To be honest I was really happy with the result. The colour was very subtle and even though the density was low I really felt comfortable letting people see what I had and it slipped unnoticed. I knew I had the next session to refine things.

My second session was part of the HIS open day so I sat happily content knowing my first session had gone well, telling others I was really happy with the results that I currently had. The lady doing my head was really nice to talk to. When the session finished I took a look but really wasn’t happy with what I saw. I couldn’t say anything as I felt I had to give them the benefit of the doubt because I’m not the expert here and I went home to let it settle.

Since my procedure I haven’t been able to face anyone i know, my hair line is solid and sharp and I feel absolutely destroyed. I really didn’t know what to do. My family and friends have seen the work and they have tried to reassure me that its ‘fine’ and I should just ask to have it ‘softened’, but in no way does it look natural and soft as I asked for. My hairline is tight, the dots are now dense, which has darkened the look a lot and the side of my face has linear lines. As far as the colour goes, I know this will probably fade and isn’t unbearable but I can see where it is in my real hair and I cannot live with this hair line at all.

I decided that I needed to do something about it as I cannot stay locked away behind closed doors. I work in an office environment and I have already taken sick days as I could face seeing anyone. I am also a singer so with gigs on the horizon my panic levels are through the roof. I can’t keep shaking and I feel like I am going to be sick. My options on the table at the moment are to get it corrected or get it removed. The last thing I want to do is contact HIS for a correction. What if they make it worse? I feel embarrassed and ashamed to be in this position.

I decided to look through the HIS instagram and found Pauls work. I wish I’d have done this previously but I just had no idea where he had gone to. I couldn’t really ask anyone. Luckily his name was tagged in some of the photos and directed me to Brandwood. As I said earlier, I requested an appointment and got one for the following morning pleading for help.

I showed Paul and Simon and they have agreed with me that the look is totally not what I asked for and that they would work with me to get is sorted. Apparently the high fringe I asked for is a bit of a life saver as it allows some room to bring it down using a soft approach. I have literally booked in for an alteration appointment for tomorrow as my last resort. I am praying that this is going to work for me. Paul and Simon were just so nice and have tried to fill me with confidence that they can help and I must admit I did smile for the first time in days while I was having my consultation. I pray they can help me and to be honest, they are the best in the business so if they can’t, I don’t know who can.

I am so scared as I have never felt more self-conscious in all of my life… and that’s following a procedure that is meant to make me feel better about my look. I have spiralled quickly into a state of sadness and I’m really scared to let anyone touch my head.

I am really grateful Brandwood are around to hopefully help. The scary part is putting trust into someone to give me that help. I will soon find out.

Buzz cut
    Participant

The one thing you defiantly don’t have there my friend is a soft and natural hairline , that is defined and super dense ! Wow I’d hate to have seen it if you had asked for defined or sharp . … Now that’s the bad news , but you knew that already . The GOOD news is you really have nothing to worry about now you are in the expert hands of Brandwood clinic , the guys will have that super natural and soft with the jagged or feathered hairline they invented . You are less than 24 hours away from freedom and getting back on with your singing and living your life happily .
    Dude are you complaining to the his about there treatment as they have put you through a lot of stress and botched up your head which I’m guessing you have paid a lot of dough for , once again more negative stories surface about them and you had your treatment at Harley st , isn’t that supposed to be where the best practice their craft . Do you know how long the lady has been doing treatments?
    I don’t wanna end this on a sour note as your probably nervous as hell , Best of luck for tomorrow your with the best practitioners in this industry they will see you right . Please keep us updated with photos .

Postman Tat
    Participant

hiya m8 I’m in bit of same boat with mine too had 3 seshs but not happy not blended right and dark in places that don’t seem too be fading , How much you looking at for allterations appointment??? ???? his it an hourly rate???

brandwood
    Keymaster

Hi Nicholls, give us a call in the office and come in for a free consultation – we can work it out from there.

If you’re too far out of the area we can look at it with Skype or FaceTime but call us either way 0121 296 9280 and let’s see what can be done.

the INK GUY

you see this is what I’m talking about brandwood clinic is the only way for SMP. theses guys fix so many treatments and help so many people with there great skills. I’m hoping it went all well IAMRYAN keep us posted buddy.

Iamryan

Well i had the session with Paul… thank god. I actually feel a bit bad now because i was so nervous having it done and i don’t feel like i showed my appriciation properly at the end. My nerves have been shot to shit this week.

So… he drew on a new lower hairline, showed me how it would be broken up and we used a shade lighter than my HIS treatment to play it as safe as we could. Paul was constantly reasurring me throughout the treatment allowing me to see how it was progressing. He lowered my hairline by (i’d say) around 7mm, changed it too a more ‘V’ shape to suit my face and broke up the bits at the side of my face. He also did some blending around the whole head where is was not properly done.

Obviously the treatment is still red but i can hand on heart say that going to this clinic to get it sorted was the best move i could have made. Its been about 4 or so hours since the treatment and already i can feel a sense of relief and confidence coming back into my body. My hands and legs have stopped shaking and i don’t feel sick to the stomach.

My experiance with the clinic has so far been 5 star! Not only has the treatment started to sort me out but the customer service and reassurance has been second to none. If only i had found them before i made my previous booking.
    I have another session next week :)

brandwood
    Keymaster

Thanks for the kind words. It is regrettable that ‘corrective work’ has to be carried out at all but we are confident that no-one can better our treatments and procedures. There are simple reasons for this – experience, skill and care.

We have carried out a number of corrections recently and they don’t reflect well on the industry at all. This is a great shame as this is a treatment that could benefit so many people. Standards across the UK and further afield need to improve greatly.

Buzz cut
    Participant

Looking like a natural hairline now dude you must be very happy and extremely relived , can you add some closer up pics when it has settled .

Stevewalters
    Participant

Hi mate, I feel for you, His clinic are more concerned with money than clients needs and looks. I can guarantee that you are in safe and professional hands with both Paul and Simon, also the whole management and support team are outstanding.
    I feel part of the family at Brandwood and trust me if I can “come out” and let the world know my story as an ex soldier, it shows how amazing these guys are, they transformed my life and gave me my self confidence back, which had long gone.
    Have a look at my video on you tube, Steve’s story and see for yourself.

Your in safe hands. Good luck.

Steve Walters

Rob
    Participant

Well done for sharing your story. It’s important for the transparency of the SMP business that people are aware that things don’t always go 100% perfectly at all SMP providers like they might wish to portray. This forum is full of praise and to some, they might think it may have been vetted to ensure that but from someone who is completely impartial and has no affiliation to Brandwood Clinic, I can assure you there simply are no better practitioners in the business than these 2 men.
    Thank you for posting your photos to help others.

the INK GUY

hows life with the new hairline/treatment buddy.

Rob
    Participant

Would love to see how this has settled if you get a minute to post a picture?

Iamryan

Hey all.
    Really sorry it’s been a while since I posted. In all honesty after the whole ordeal of everything it was nice to get away from having to think about it anymore.

To cut a fairly long story short, I’ve had my 2 ‘rectification’ sessions with Paul, it’s all settled down, healed and faded and I could not have asked for a better result. I’m really happy with how it looks now and I’m going about my life like nothing is different.

I have not had one person comment on my head apart from the people that know I’ve had it done and the people that do know can’t believe how good it looks. Other people I see or work with everyday have not said a word.
    A friend of mine blurted it out to a group of lads in the pub and they were amazed, even touching it and saying how good it looked… And they are proper lad lads!

I just want to say again how grateful I am to Paul and the team for sorting me out!
    ….Guess what? – for the first time someone called me a skin head (not bald). Ha ha

I’ll get a couple of photos up in a bit.

Rob
    Participant

Excellent buddy. Shame you had to go through a bit of heart ache to get there but one good thing apart from your amazing result is that you got to meet the 2 best in the game. Look forward to your latest pics.

Iamryan

Photo… at a gig on the weekend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BOOK NOW