>>>THREE YEARS ON
THREE YEARS ON 2016-01-10T12:30:10+00:00

Home Forums Welcome Mat THREE YEARS ON

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #2955 |

Hello fellow forum members, my name is Rob and I believe that for anyone who is considering having any SMP treatment then the best possible way is to hear from people who have started out feeling the way you perhaps do right now, then gone on and had the treatment and then lived with it and I’m not just talking about post treatment euphoria posts that you often see on SMP forums!

I’m 3 years on from the start of my treatment. Back In November 2012, I was watching a tv program on BBC3, part of which highlighted one young lad’s case who was suffering normal MPB (male pattern baldness). I watched just a few minutes of this lad’s transformation and immediately knew that I had to find out more. I jumped in with both feet and I would NOT advise this to anyone BUT God was looking down on me that day because the practitioner who was assigned to me was one Mr Simon Lane.

On January 3rd 2013 I drove and met Simon and Paul. Simon was doing my treatment and Paul would always come in so as a team they would decide the best course of action with my treatment.

I had 3 treatment sessions over the next 6 weeks, the second exactly a week after the first and I’ll always remember the third because it was Valentines Day and Simon being the perfectionist he is was still doing my jagged hairline at 19.00pm when he should have been drinking wine, enjoying a romantic meal and smooching his wife who was expecting their second child pretty soon! He wouldn’t leave until HE was happy. This is testament to his professionalism.

I suffered a bit of fading at my crown area where I had a pigmented line and also one of my side profiles faded, I ended up having another session and just assumed it’d be with Simon but when I was told upon arrival that it wasn’t my heart sank (This is where Simon and Paul used to work). I’d travelled 3 hours so just went with it. To cut a long story short, in the August I had my side profiles lasered which involved a trip to Harley Street and £180.00 and then went back to Simon for a final touch up. I should never have let anyone other than Simon (or Paul) treat me.

Since then I believe my SMP treatment has gone from strength to strength, if anything as it has softened it has become more natural looking. When I look at photos of myself pre-SMP I just feel dreadful. I recall how I used to get dressed ready to go out in smart designer clothes and then I’d see my balding head and when I used to see pictures on FB I’d un-tag myself through embarrassment.

These boys really did give me my life back and people told me that I looked loads younger and that I look good for 45.

Whilst I am genuinely happy with my SMP, times move on, procedures improve and for that reason alone I have decided to go and see Simon and Paul in 2016. I’m going to drive up and have a consultation and let the boys look at my SMP and give me an honest appraisal and tell me where they feel it can be improved. I’ve got a few ideas of my own to be honest, If there’s enough room above my frown lines then I’d like my hairline feathered, this new technique looks amazing and super natural in the few pictures that I’ve seen. I like to slightly amend my side profiles and soften them at the temporal peak where hair naturally goes thinner/lighter and I’m interested to find out more about the 3D technique they’ve pioneered and see if that would benefit my treatment. I’m just mindful though that I don’t particularly wish to darken my treatment any further because I’ve been lucky in that all that hard work that Simon put in hasn’t faded too much so is still reasonably strong.

Now for those of you that are sat on the fence, I’d be happy to give you a few words of advice but to be completely honest because if you go to Brandwood Clinic then you won’t need it because they won’t let you make decisions that aren’t going to showcase their work in a good light.

The only advise is this: Don’t let anyone other than Simon or Paul touch your head. These two are the masters of their profession.

For me when I was getting SMP, a picture painted a thousand words so I’ll dig out a few pictures and post a few for you to look at. I was probably a good Norwood 6 level of balding, so you see if you can tell where the SMP starts and where the real hair is.

Thanks for reading and I promise that I’ll ensure that any treatment that I end up having done at Brandwood Clinic will be put on here for others to see in the hope that it can assist anyone with their decision making process.

All the best

Rob
    [attachment=1]IMG_4415.PNG[/attachment]

[attachment=2]fb2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=3]fb3.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=4]fb.jpg[/attachment]

Buzz cut
    Participant

Hello Rob great to see you on here, you are a bit of a celebrity in the world of SMP I’ve read your story and the thousands of comments you have had from people somewhere else .(Although that forum doesn’t seem to get many satisfied customers these days.) Your story and the results produced by simon persuaded many guys, myself included to have treatment done and like you i would only have Simon or Paul doing my smp . What i think is true is like having a haircut, you only go to one barber and if they set up else where your loyalty is to them and you continue to be treated by the them. Your treatment still looks fantastic and is proof long term that smp done correctly does not fade or look fake , i agree with your comment that Simon can add a little more natural work along the hairline and side profiles now they have invented these techniques . Please keep us posted on your new SMP journey Rob and thank you for being such a positive spokes person for this treatment . .

Rob
    Participant

Wow, buzz cut, what a kind and constructive reply, I appreciate your comments a great deal.
    I concur with all you have said about loyalty to an individual rather than who they may or not work for. For 20 years in the car sales trade I stayed with one individual where ever he went to work for because I knew I could rely on the quality of service I’d receive from him, just in the exact same way you are returning to Simon and Paul.
    I devoted 18 months of my life pretty much trying all I could to assist others in their decision making process, offering advice where possible and I genuinely did it all for the simple pleasure of watching people’s lives be transformed. Sadly a job change meant that I no longer had or have the beauty of free time but upon hearing the best in the game had started their own business then I’d be happy to sing it from the rooftops because I know that these boys do genuinely care and that you won’t have to put up with the niggles of the huge corporate machine that the other place has become. The admin side was always hard work!
    Anyway I’m confirmed for my consultation and patch test in early March with my session a fortnight later.
    Honestly can’t wait to see the lads and am excited to see what their magic wand can do for me :-)

Hattie

Hey Rob. I had my treatment done 3 years this April and followed your treatment closely as yours was done just before me. we both know that these guys are the best bar none. I had a massive panic on when I found out they left the other lot. So glad I could find that there still based in the UK. Paul did my treatment and to date not one person has ever questioned my treatment. The mans a legend in the SMP industry. Look forward to seeing him soon.

Rob
    Participant

Excellent Hattie, glad you’ve never been quizzed about your SMP and that you’re still happy.

Rob
    Participant

I’ve been waiting for today to come around since Christmas. Finally I got to visit the new Brandwood Clinic.

I set off from Wiltshire at 08.00am and drove slowly and found the clinic easily by 10.30 (113 mile trip). I wasn’t due until 11.00 so took a drive to look at my old school which I painfully realised that I left 30 years ago this Summer! :(

A few minutes prior to my appointment I pressed the buzzer to be allowed inside the secure opening and up the stairs to the large, open plan Reception/Waiting area. I was greeting by a smiling face and offered a very welcomed cup of coffee.

Bang on time, 11.00am, Simon appeared, imparting words of how woefully my chosen football team are doing this season! A handshake, a smile and off to an extremely smart consultation room. Immediately at ease, like being sat with an old friend, we discussed in great depth the best plan of action. Simon listened to both my desires and concerns and we agreed on what we plan to do on Friday 25th March.

After completing our lengthy discussion we went to a treatment room, the place was spotlessly clean, surgical like but with an element of warmth to it. I especially liked the natural light flooding in. If a practitioner is having to rely solely on artificial lighting then how can he see how it stand up in reality?? I noted this and said how different it was to previous treatment rooms I’d been treated in.

Next I had a patch test, Now I knew these guys used different needles but this was so much better, it didn’t hurt a single bit. I was really pleased with that too.

I could be nothing other than impressed with what Simon, Paul and the Brandwood team have achieved with the place. I will certainly be recommending the place to all the SMP ‘brothers’ that I’ve made over the past few years. I’ve agreed that I’m happy to share my pictures to potentially be used in a Case Study on the website because I’m an advocate that a picture paints a thousand words and if seeing my pictures or reading my story can assist just one person find a happiness they thought that they’d lost forever then it’ll be worth it.

Postman Tat
    Participant

Gotta agree Rob Brandwood is quality very modern and top drawer , , What you having done Rob the 3d treatment???? Read your diary on the otherside once or twice too excellent and very honest cheers mate , One of the reasons I went through with my initial treatments !!!! Be good too see how your new treatment comes along thxs again

Rob
    Participant

Hi Nicholls :-)

Basically my only reason for wanting to do anything was that I had 3 sessions with Simon, then went for a touch up which I assumed was going to be with Simon but wasn’t, it was with Paul Flaherty and ultimately I wasn’t happy with how it ended up so I had a laser amendment. Since that laser amendment my side profiles ended up too perfectly straight and dark and where my hairline meet your side profiles (that top corner part) again is too sharp.

I’ve always felt that my treatment has looked better on me personally as it has lightened with time, therefore I told Simon yesterday at my consultation about how I did not want to go any darker. I am happy shaving my head every morning so decided that for now at least not to go 3D.

The plan is to use a lighter pigment shade to address the profiles, I’m going to add a very slight peak to my hairline and space permitting (which is very limited because of my frown lines) try and make my hairline even more broken/irregular. Then Simon is going to sprinkle through from front to back with the lighter pigment which will freshen my treatment and ensure perfect blending.

I’ve taken a week off work from Good Friday and over Easter, I’ve booked a cottage in Somerset away from work, friends and family for a few days and I’m honestly excited about the next chapter, I’m literally wiling away the next 12 days.

What was nice yesterday was Simon having a good inspection of my head. I recall that 3 years ago him commenting that my scalp was dry and loose, he said it was in first class order yesterday, no looseness and in good shape. It was also nice to hear that although Simon did my treatment that times have moved on, my treatment has changed with time and he wasn’t afraid to say that to the lay person it looks completely fine but to his trained eye there is much room for improvement.

I’m glad that my thread on the other forum assisted you in taking the plunge and I’m also glad that you recognise that these 2 are top of their game. I’ll be sure to let you know how it all goes. :)

Buzz cut
    Participant

ROB , this is niggling me so I’ve gotta ask , did HIS pay for your laser sessions and give you travel expenses after P*** F******* ruined your side profiles ? Isn’t he the consultant ?

Rob
    Participant

He was the clinic manager at that time I think.
    No I didn’t get anything for free, a laser session taking less than a minute cost me £180 plus a £50 train ticket.

TBH I never complained because in April of that year I was offered a free session to be taken in the future at my choosing but that never came to fruition in the end despite me asking a few times about it. I was worried if I complained it would jeopardise my freebie plus I didn’t want them to think I was a moaner!

Buzz cut
    Participant

£220 out of your pocket to pay them to correct work they messed up !!!! , not having a pop at you Rob far from it , and i notice your forum story still sits very proudly on their first page with over 98,000 views which still convinces people to have treatment done there. You should post on there telling them your done with there company or ask them to take it down . But moving forward i m looking forward to seeing your pics when Simon has worked his magic and sorted out them bloody side profiles too.

Rob
    Participant

Ha ha, should I go on there in the dead of night when there’s no moderator to remove my posts and put:

S I M O N AND P A U L are now trading as Brandwood Clinic. It’s where all the big forum posters go these days ;-)

the INK GUY

hi rob i just wanted to say a massive thank you. you are a big poster on the smp forums and it must help so many people i know it helped me a lot. so i just wanted to say thanks mate

Rob
    Participant

Thanks pal. Makes all the time and effort all worth while when you find that you’ve helped people in some way.

Weetabixhead
    Participant

After 3 years away , the eagerly awaited return of the great one ROBBIE is upon us …… Finally .. The God Father of SMP forums has come back to Brandwood clinic !!!!
    Ha ha sorry Rob I’m watching WWE and just wanted to spice up your return for tomorrow with Simon .
    Best of luck I’m looking forward to reading this one ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BOOK NOW