>>>Which products do you use on your SMP?
Which products do you use on your SMP? 2016-03-20T09:45:04+00:00

Home Forums Welcome Mat Which products do you use on your SMP?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #2973 |

I’ve tried loads.

When I first set out on my SMP journey L’Oreal Pure & Matte was well liked but after a couple of tubes I decided it didn’t offer long enough lasting protection against shine.
    I bought Boots own version which wasn’t available in my local stores so ordered online, because of the postage I bought 5 x tubes. I don’t think I ever finished one! I binned the rest.

I had a tube of Peter Thomas Roth Max Mattifying agent- now renamed as max anti-shine. That was good but expensive and it went off before I used it all as I only really used it for ‘best’. I’m thinking about buying another but every site seems to want to ship from America when I go to checkout! I just can’t bring myself to pay £30 for a 1oz tube :sick:

Headblade Headlube Matte has been my preferred choice for the past year or so, simply for ease of use and price. I’ve had a 237ml (8oz) container and must have had it years! I squirt a blob in my hand and rub it all over, much easier to apply than the P.T.R as it’s also a moisturiser.

I did go through a phase of using Clubman Pinaud flesh coloured talc which as an anti-shine product is excellent, the down side to it though (for me at least) is that to put that on to your head after shaving is very ‘drying’ and applying after a moisturiser just seems like you are applying 2 products which cancel each other out if you follow me.

My ideal product would be something like headlbube, size and cost but slightly better anti-shine.

Finally I have one product which I recommend but completely forgot that I had it until I started writing this post. It’s almost like the PTR but you get 3 times as much for around £15.00. The only tip I was given was to apply it sparingly and rub in well otherwise you can get flaking.
    It’s Avon Magix face perfector which contains an SPF 20.

Again, the above product I’d probably use for ‘going out’ whereas the Headlube is okay for any old day of the week.

Finally, did you know that Headlube do a suncream? Headlube matte with SPF30. I use it every holiday and still have the same tube as 2 years ago.

What do you guys use, what’s the cost and why do you like or rate it? :)

Rob
    Participant

I’ve just ordered a few Headlube bits. It’s been ages since I last purchased some. I see that they now do it with a pump dispenser type top for only a pound more which is a great idea because the pull up type can get blocked and then when you apply pressure you end up with enough lotion to last a fortnight!
    I also bought a small bottle to take to work or on holiday and finally I found that the sun cream I mentioned has now been superseded by a newer, better version. I wouldn’t have bought any but I noticed that my stuff went out of date in 2014!
    I therefore treated myself to the new product :P

Postman Tat
    Participant

When you go over too the rife on holibobs Rob what you do headwise ??? You wear a high factor and let your head and face catch the sun or wear an hat or bandana???? I’m the same as you tbh ive got over 5/6 head shavers and about 4/5 headcreams antishines lol deffo peter Thomas roth gotta be one of the best but like you say very dear, Been told to use Lanacane anti chaffing ive bought some and tried it but until heads all sorted tbh been wearing a cap still Rob!!!! Think the pure & matte leaves my head bit sticky and still shines

Rob
    Participant

Hi mate, I’ve been using Headblade Headlube SPF30. It’s quite a thick white suncream but is supposed to have a matte finish to it. I’ve never burnt with it and my treatment has held well and I’ve never really hidden from the Sun.
    The stuff I bought today has an SPF40 rating plus it’s in a spray so will be easier to apply, just spray and rub.
    If I’m going walk about then sometimes I’ll stick on a baseball cap whilst I’m walking but I’m not a cap/hat person. For this year’s holiday (Gran Canaria this year) I’ve bought a Bucket hat just to protect my head from the Midday sun.
    Otherwise I don’t worry too much, just crack on with enjoying myself and trying to find a cold beer.
    How’s your treatment settling? Hope you’re still thrilled. I’m busting with excitement to get back up there Friday. When I saw Simon for my consultation, he said what a nice fella you were.

Rob
    Participant

old

Rob
    Participant
    Postman Tat
    Participant

Yeah its getting there Rob still not getting a full blend tho but Paul said its a 3 treatment programme tho, Seems too blend better say 16/20 hrs after using the bald eagle smart not asap like , I went jan n feb Tenerife 1st time I went used bandanna all day but had white lines on my head pmsl , 2nd time I was advised by the dumb side too just let it fade in the sun!!!!!!! I cant wait too get back Wednesday either cant come soon enuff paul and simon top blokes cant say more really …….. Until you meet them both in person its hard to describe how good and how focused on there job and getting treatments just right they are :) il have a look at that head lube thingy cheers rob ta m8

Herkilla
    Participant

Best product is, without discussion, Peter Thomas Roth anti-shine, but it is super-expensive. The best alternative, forget about HeadBlade stuff which has nothing of anti-shine but the name, is (and in Britain you have plenty of them, I have to import it…) Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel Skin Protectant, longs the entire day even if someone rubs their hand in your head (and it lasts because its original aim is to protect you from the touch of skin with skin, you know what I mean).
    An anti-shine is a must.

My protocol is as follows:
    *Daily shower with a ketoconzole shampoo (avoiding real sebum, your head does NOT shine because of the sebum BTW).
    *A bit of talc, take care not to end up with a white/pink shadow on your head.
    *The Monistat thing.
    *Peter Thomar Roth, if I’m going to go out (optional).

10-16 hours free of any sort of shinning. :)

BTW: the reason of the shinning of a bald head are microscars around dead follicles (dermatitis perifollicular) so it’s worth trying Mederma Advanced.

Herkilla
    Participant

Oh, the best way to discover new antishine products is to look in YouTube for videos of women talking about what they use as “make-up base” or “make-up premier” you’ll find basically: Peter Thomas Roth, the Monistat Thing and Milk of Magnesia.

Rob
    Participant

Thanks for the input chaps. The Monistat Chafing stuff is a new one. I see it ‘available on eBay for between £12-£15 or cheaper if you import from America and wait for delivery.

Are you Hairkiller off the other place? Spanish fella who debated long and hard before getting SMP and last time I spoke to you was back in 2014 and you were waiting for Virginia to return to work? If you’ve got no idea what I’m talking about then don’t worry lol, I haven’t read the other forum properly for a long time so my mind might be a bit out of touch!

Anyway thanks for the heads up, I’ll look in to getting some pussy cream :-)
    [attachment=13]image.jpeg[/attachment]

Herkilla
    Participant

Hahahaha. Yep, that’s me Robby. ;)

EDIT: didn’t realize about the picture… xD That’s NOT the cream I’m talking about. lol

Rob
    Participant

Well hello then. I remember the pics that you posted of the 2 Spanish guys who had extremely good looking treatments, did you ever get treated or did the practitioner you were waiting for never return so are still looking?

Herkilla
    Participant

April the 4th. Mr Paul Clark. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Rob
    Participant

This is your first ever session? Blimey, all I can say is that after all your deliberation that you could not have chosen anyone better in the world than where you’ve finally decided upon. I wish you all the very best for April 4th, you must be massively excited.

Herkilla
    Participant

Thanks Rob. I know I’m in the best hands. I’m excited and scared……..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BOOK NOW